Notice of Ordinary General Meeting 2020
Notice is hereby given that the Ordinary General Meeting (OGM) of Convocation will be held on Monday, 29 June 2020, at 6:30 pm at LE2, Library Extension, The University of Hong Kong.
Points to note:
- Members are invited to attend the OGM. For admission to the Meeting and for verification purpose:
(i) If you are a graduate, please present your HKID Card (or Passport, if HKID Card is not available).
(ii) If you are a HKU teaching staff and not a graduate, please present your HKU Staff Card.
- A member who cannot attend the OGM in person may appoint a proxy to vote on businesses other than election of candidates to the Standing Committee under item 4 of the Order of Business (Rule 24). The instrument for appointing a proxy must be in writing, signed by the member appointing the proxy and deposited with the Clerk of Convocation before 18:00 on Monday, 22 June 2020.
- For item 4 of the Order of Business below, members may refer to the Voting Arrangements at
- To comply with the University's Guidelines on Infection Control Measures, members attending the OGM must wear a mask and exercise hand sanitizing using alcohol handrub (provided by organizer) before entering the venue. Members attending will receive temperature check on site, anyone with a fever will be asked to leave the venue and consult a doctor immediately. Members please sit according to the arrangement made by the staff on site to ensure appropriate distancing.
Order of Business
1. To receive and confirm the Minutes of the Extraordinary General Meeting held on 19 October 2019
2. To receive a report from the Chairman.
3. To discuss and, if thought fit, sanction the continuation of the office of Mr NG Kin Fai Kenny who has been elected by the Standing Committee to fill the casual vacancy in the Standing Committee under Paragraph 31 of Convocation Constitution, until Ordinary General Meeting 2021.
4. To elect eight members of the Standing Committee from the candidates listed in http://www.convocation.hku.hk/2020OGM/candidates.html.
5. Any other business which the Chairman considers urgent and directs to be transacted without notice thereof having been given.
Clerk of Convocation
1 June 2020